This recipe is a great way to use up that cilantro just sitting in your fridge that you bought for another recipe. Chicken thighs are so easy and affordable, I now double this recipe so I have leftovers to eat for lunch the next day.
PS: Check out my new favorite non-stick PFOA free pans from All Clad that are the absolutely BEST non-stick pans I’ve ever owned.
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- Place chicken thighs in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil and two tablespoons of the cilantro. Marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium heat and cook thighs, discarding marinade, about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until thighs are cooked through. Remove thighs from pan and set aside, reserve drippings in pan.
- Turn heat up to medium high, melt butter until it bubbles, add shallots, cook 3-4 minutes until soft. Add remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Turn heat to low, add back in chicken thighs and cover with cilantro shallot butter sauce. Serve immediately.