Today, I’m laying out a dry rub for pork chops. I prefer bone-in chops as they remain so much juicier while cooking, but boneless pork chops are also a joy to eat.
We usually grill 2 rather large chops at a time, so just scale up all of the ingredients proportionally if you are cooking for a bigger crowd.
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon GF soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground espresso (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients together until it becomes a gritty paste. Rub all over the meaty part of your pork chops. Let stand room temp for 15-20 minutes before grilling/cooking.
- GRILL INSTRUCTIONS: Heat up grill to 500 degrees, cook pork chops 5-7 minutes per side.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and a thin layer of olive oil only where they pork chops will be placed. Place pork chops on baking sheet, bake in oven 18-20 minutes, flipping chops halfway through.