No Sugar No Grains = Pasta Withdrawals. Must improvise or die tryin’…
I guarantee you will satisfy the meanest PMS pasta craving on the planet by using zucchini as your pasta base. But remember, if you’re nixing sugar and grains, you MUST increase the fat content to get full and stay full.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 3-4 zucchini, skin peeled, then peeled lengthwise into long ribbon thin strips
- 2 leeks, chopped finely
- 8 slices of hard salami, sliced into strips
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil for the pan
- Parmesan for garnish
- [url href=”http://annavocino.com/2012/11/homemade-pesto/” title=”Homemade Pesto”]Homemade Pesto[/url] for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat. Add bell peppers and sautee until softened.
- Add leeks, cherry tomatoes and salami and sautee until softened, leeks will be almost caramelized.
- Gently fold in the zucchini, being careful not to destroy the delicate ribbons.
- Cook for another 8-10 minutes, until zucchini is steamed through.
- Serve in a pasta bowl, garnish with fresh parmesan and a dollop of [url href=”http://annavocino.com/2012/11/homemade-pesto/” title=”Homemade Pesto”]Homemade Pesto[/url].