This recipe is near and dear to my heart. It’s both gorgeous and delicious. It’s simple but hearty. It’s almost too easy to eat. In fact, I often double it by making two levels of ingredients in the casserole pan and extending the cook time an additional 15-20 minutes.
Download Roasted Zucchini and Squash Tian Casserole by Anna Vocino here.
Watch the video here:
Roasted Zucchini and Squash Tian
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 leeks, white and palest green parts only, chopped
- 5-7 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 zucchini, sliced into disks
- 2 yellow squash, sliced into disks
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium high heat. Sauté leeks and basil until soft, being careful not to burn, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and pour into a 9”x12” baking dish, spreading evenly. Place zucchini and squash disks into baking dish in a scalloped pattern, overlapping and alternating colors per row. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until zucchini and squash look softened and shrunk and have browned on the edges.