Don’t say you don’t care for the word “moist.” You’ll like it plenty good when you’re eating these perfectly moist and juicy turkey burgers, perfect for some summer grillin’.
Find the recipe for this and 153 other recipes in my first cookbook Eat Happy.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Fancy Turkey Burgers
- 1/8 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sautéeing
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 pack of ground turkey breast (which is usually 1-1.25 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sauté the green onions, celery, and apple in 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil until soft, about 8 minutes. Let cool. Pour sautéed ingredients and lemon zest into the mini-food processor or blender and puree.
- Put the ground turkey into a large mixing bowl. Add the pureed items, salt, pepper, tabasco, lemon juice and zest. Mix and form into evenly shaped burgers with an indentation in the middle to prevent the burgers from getting puffy when grilled. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill up to high heat, or heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil to high heat in an iron skillet . Grill each side for 3-4 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add cheese & fixins, whatever your pleasure.