This brightly colored salmon dish is always a crowd pleaser. It’s an easy go-to salmon recipe in my house that you can whip up in less than 25 minutes if you are into speed cooking, and who isn’t. If you use wild-caught sockeye salmon, the cooking time generally takes a shorter time, so make sure you check the salmon after 15 minutes of cooking. The darker pink color is deceiving, and it has a tendency to stay dark pink even when cooked all the way through.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Salmon with Lemon Dijon Basil Sauce
- 1-2 pounds of wild caught salmon filets
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for oiling the salmon skin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 7-8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Light grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean side of salmon, making sure any stray scales or pin bones are removed. Oil the skin, and lay on foil lined baking sheet, pink side up. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or Vitamix, pulse olive oil, lemon juice, zest, mustard, basil leaves and garlic. Pour evenly over salmon so it’s coated thickly.
- Grill, skin side down, about 15 minutes, until desired doneness. Or bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until desired doneness.