If you’ve spent any length of time at this blog or listening to the podcast, you know I’m a simpleton. I like to laugh, I like to eat, then I like do it all over again at the next meal.
Laugh, eat, repeat.
(I think I may be onto my new tagline here, folks)
So inventing new recipes week after week for a blog and a second cookbook (this one will be out much quicker than the first), I gotta keep it simple. What ingredients are in season? What’s inspiring me? What ingredient have I not cooked in awhile that I’m missing in my life? I love getting inspired to invent new recipes, and this one is no different. It’s delicious, light, and fresh, yet incredibly flavorful and satisfying.
So have a laugh with your family and friends, eat this yummy fish dish, and repeat.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Tomato Basil Cod Fillets
- 1.5 pounds heirloom or roma tomatoes, chopped, discarding pulp/seeds where possible
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1.5 pounds cod fillets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x12 pyrex pan or other glass baking dish, spread around chopped tomatoes, basil leaves and minced garlic, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until tomatoes are soft and skin starts to blister. Remove baking dish from oven and reduce heat to 300 degrees.
- Move tomato basil mixture to the sides of the baking dish, and place cod fillets side by side, tilting baking dish to allow the tomato juices to coat the cod edges slightly. Season cod with salt and pepper and drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for an additional 15 minutes until cod is done through, but not overdone/dry. Serve immediately.