This dish is one of my favorites. I think that’s because I invented it using my nose. I opened the spice cabinet and let it do the choosing. The herbal-ness of the coriander and cardamom meets savory celery salt and onion powder, which all marries perfectly with the buttery pistachio coating and richness of a perfect wild caught salmon filet. Mmmmmm…I think I’ll go make it right now.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Pistachio Crusted Coriander Salmon
- 1 cup ground pistachios
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to coat pan
- 2-4 wild caught salmon fillets
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind up pistachios in food processor or vitamix so that there is some variance in the texture of the nuts (i.e., some of it should be finely ground, and a little should be more coarsely ground). Remove ground pistachios from blender and put in bowl. Add celery salt, cardamon, coriander, onion powder, fresh cracked pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Salt salmon filets and then coat them with the pistachio mixture. Place salmon in an oiled cast iron skillet or baking pan skin side down. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, checking on it every 10 minutes. If you notice it starting to burn on top (pistachios are very delicate), cover the pan with aluminum foil for the remainder of the time. Remove from oven, garnish with lemon and enjoy!