Summertime. What the heck are we gonna eat when it’s so dang hot? The answer is: grilled shrimp. I recommend you get thee to the fishmonger and purchase two pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp, soak them in this delicious asian style marinade, and then throw them on a hot grill, stat. You could go through the motions of making some veggies on the side, but you might wanna eat these shrimp until you bust a gut.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Asian Marinated Shrimp Skewers
- 1-2 lbs peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Splash of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (look for nam pla if Thai or nuoc mam if Vietnamese)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (of 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (look for the jar with the rooster on it)
- 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass, diced or 1 tablespoon of lemongrass in a tube
- Rinse and pat dry shrimp, then put shrimp into a large plastic baggie. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour marinade all over shrimp in the plastic baggie. Seal baggie and marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature. Soak 8-10 bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes, then remove from water and pat dry excess water. Skewer 4-6 shrimp per bamboo skewer.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees, grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn from translucent to opaque.