I have been saving up all my recipes for my impending cookbook and neglecting this blog. “I need to get my shit together,” I’ve said to myself 400 times a day since my last blog post in April. I have about 100 cookbook recipes that are sugar free and grain free, but I’m still not ready for the publisher yet.
So it’s time to start posting again until this cookbook is ready.
This veggie dish is so delightful and filling, you can serve it as a main course. And if you use coconut milk instead of heavy cream, voila, it’s vegan. This also makes a great NSNG side dish for your Thanksgiving extravaganza.
Speaking of, I will post some Thanksgiving inspired recipes soon…some of them might even have some sugar in them…
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts (about 25 sprouts), quartered
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into chunks
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, rinsed well, chopped into a ¼” dice
- 1 cup heavy cream (or 1 can of full fat coconut milk)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine brussels sprouts, apple, and leeks into a large bowl to mix.
- Spread mixture into a 9×12 casserole dish, and pour over heavy cream. (or coconut milk). Mix around to coat contents with the heavy cream.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes, stirring once to prevent burning the edges of the brussels sprouts.