I keep my Thanksgiving recipes up at my site, at the ready for holiday meals just in case anyone wants a lower to low carb alternative to your Turkey Day faves.
Thanksgiving Round-up here.
But I thought it’s time to freshen up the stuffing recipe and turn it into a fun side dish that even the carb eaters would like. These Stuffin’ Muffins are savory with just a touch of sweet from the cranberries, plus they’re grain free with no added sugar, so high five, you just dodged another carb-ball.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Coconut oil spray for muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together egg, almond milk and olive oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Fold in sun dried tomatoes, dried cranberries, and bacon until evenly mixed. Spray a muffin pan with coconut oil spray, then place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Place dough evenly in all 6 muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until muffins are done through and starting to turn a golden brown on the tops. Serve immediately.
Oooh I’d love to have these recipes saved.
My plan is to make these in mini muffin tins. I am thinking that I will have to monkey around with the time I have them in the oven. Any suggestions, Anna?
These are amazing! I made them like three or four times last year, forgot about them, and just saw that I bookmarked this recipe. I’m SO excited to bring this out again!!!