It’s still 90 degrees here in SoCal, so the grill isn’t getting covered up any time soon.
Make this one with boneless or bone-in whole chicken thighs, because FLAVOR. Serve with fresh grilled veggies and mango cauliflower rice from Eat Happy Too.
Easy stuff. I’m marinating the chicken right now…
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Lime Cilantro Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in or boneless
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients, dump into a plastic bag with chicken thighs. Marinate 1-3 hours. The exterior of the chicken might begin to turn white as the lime juice is a cooking agent. Discard marinade upon grilling.
- GRILLING INSTRUCTIONS: Heat up grill to 450 degrees. Grill each side of chicken thighs, about 3-5 minutes per side for boneless, or 10-12 minutes per side for bone-in.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place thighs evenly in pyrex or metal baking pan, not overlapping. Bake for 25-30 minutes for boneless and 30-40 minutes for bone-in.
- Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted at thickest part reads 180 degrees.