It’s still 90 degrees here in SoCal, so the grill isn’t getting covered up any time soon.
Make this one with boneless or bone-in whole chicken thighs, because FLAVOR. Serve with fresh grilled veggies and mango cauliflower rice from Eat Happy Too.
Easy stuff. I’m marinating the chicken right now…
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless)
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients, dump into a plastic bag with your chicken thighs. Marinate 1-3 hours. The exterior of the chicken might begin to turn white as the lime juice is a cooking agent. Discard marinade upon grilling.
- GRILLING INSTRUCTIONS: Heat up grill to 450 degrees. Grill each side of chicken thighs, about 3-5 minutes per side for boneless, or 10-12 minutes per side for bone-in.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place thighs evenly in pyrex or metal baking pan, not overlapping. Bake for 25-30 minutes for boneless and 30-40 minutes for bone-in.
- Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted at thickest part reads 180 degrees.