Don’t be fooled by its title, this pan steak is so delicious, I can’t keep them around long enough to photograph them (edited to add a pic of a T-bone moments before it got devoured). This is the most foolproof yet fancypants steak I’ve ever made. This means you can celebrate with a juicy rib-eye with pretty much anytime, without having to pay steakhouse prices. I use a 10 inch cast iron skillet, but any flat sauté pan will do.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Pan Fried Bone-In Steak
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 8-10 ounce bone-in rib eye T-bone, or New York steak
- 1 teaspoons truffle salt
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Remove steak from fridge. Season one side of steak by rubbing truffle salt into steak. Season other side by rubbing salt, pepper, and the balsamic vinegar into steak. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat butter on medium high heat in a heavy cast iron skillet until bubbling, almost browning. Place steak into pan, balsamic side down, cooking 6 minutes per side for a medium rare steak. Press steak in the middle to judge desired doneness. Remove steak from heat, let stand for 10 minutes before serving.