This is my new favorite side dish. I suggest doubling it so you have enough as everyone finishes this dish first and goes for seconds. Dairy-free if you leave off the dusting of parmesan at the end.
- 1 bundle of broccoli crowns, cut into smaller florets (or buy bag of pre-cut broccoli florets)
- 3-4 slices of bacon, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper & fresh parmesan for seasoning at the end (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- In a bowl combine broccoli florets, pine nuts, and bacon pieces, adding in garlic salt evenly. Pour over with olive oil and combine with hands to make sure all the broccoli gets some olive oil.
- Pour broccoli mixture onto baking sheet and spread out evenly as the bacon will have a tendency to stick together.
- Bake for 40 minutes until broccoli looks roasted and bacon is cooked crispy, removing broccoli from oven to stir and flip every 10 minutes (or else you will burn the dish).
- Season with optional pepper and a dash of freshly grated parmesan.