I love walnuts. Love love love walnuts. They are a go-to snack for me, perfect for a celiac who can’t eat gluten and wants to actually feel satiated after a snack. I’m always looking for ways to fit some walnuts into my world, and I decided to take a stab at Walnut Pesto. Oh. My. Goodness. It paid off.
This walnut pesto made with California Walnuts is so fresh and delicious, it will make you wish for spring and summer like nobody’s business. Luckily in California, I can get really good basil year round, but the good stuff starts to come into the grocery stores right about now.
I like to serve this walnut pesto with zucchini noodles (garnished with more walnuts! see above pic), atop heirloom tomatoes, as a garnish on soup, or I just get in there with a spoon and gobble it up on its own. It’s that good.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
- 2 cups packed basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup California walnut pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the basil leaves, walnut pieces, garlic cloves, and olive oil into a food processor or strong blender. Pulse until chopped, about 20 seconds. Use a small spatula to scrape down the sides and pulse again, another 3-5 seconds. Add the parmesan, pulse 3-5 more seconds until the pesto is your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper and pulse again to taste (if needed). Serve.
This post is sponsored by California Walnuts.
Beautiful email!!!! Well done
I was thinking about you One of these days when you feel like you’ve covered everything and need a new topic, check the utube videos with the Indian folks that sprout beans
This would be good for the vegetarians trying a NSNG
Great idea, thanks, Heidi!