Day 10 of the Coronavirus Shelter At Home, and I’m delving into comfort foods. I filmed this video last year but somehow never posted it. I think I psychically knew that we’d need it during this time of hunkering down, protecting the herd, and flattening the curve.
Are you guys keeping it NSNG while at home? Have you watched Fat: A Documentary on Amazon Prime yet? Are you using Eat Happy and Eat Happy Too to inspire your meals instead of getting takeout? I hope you answered a resounding YES to all of these questions. Quarantines are so much better when you feel good physically. And do I need to go on and on about the immune-boosting benefits of cutting processed sugars and grains out of one’s diet?
These Blueberry Muffins are fun to make with the kids, delicious, and I promise you, you won’t miss the sweetener. However, I gave an option for sweetener if you insist on using it. You should have most of these ingredients on-hand, and if you don’t have frozen wild blueberries, I highly recommend grabbing a giant bag of them on your next trip for essentials.
Download full recipe here: Blueberry Muffins (Grain Free) from Eat Happy Too by Anna Vocino
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Grain Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1/3 cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil spray to grease the muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350°. Rinse blueberries, let drain in a colander while you prepare the muffin batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs, coconut nectar, vanilla, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar and gently mix with a fork until a thick batter forms. Gently fold in blueberries. Grease muffin pan with coconut spray and spoon in batter, evenly filling each cup. Bake muffins for 20 minutes, remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes then serve.