Guilt free pie, can you even imagine?
This recipe has half of the amount of sugar as a traditional GF pumpkin pie, and I promise you won’t miss it. Also, it is completely grain free AND uses organic coconut sugar which makes it a Paleo darling. To make it perfectly paleo, substitute coconut cream for the heavy cream and ghee for the butter.
Thanksgiving is in a week. Be ready.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter, melted (or sub ghee or dairy free butter if avoiding dairy)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream, plus 1 cup for whipped topping garnish (or sub coconut cream for truly paleo)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 15 ounce can organic pumpkin
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients together, mixing well. Press into a 9 inch pie pan evenly. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the crust above.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add in 1 cup of the heavy cream along with the vanilla, pumpkin, coconut sugar, and maple syrup and whisk together. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, ground cloves, and pinch of salt. Whisk spice mixture into wet ingredients.
- Pour filling into crust, bake for 30-35 mins. The custard will still be jiggly in the middle, so turn the oven down to 325 and cook for a remaining 15-20 mins. Place foil around the edges of your pie if you find the crust is getting a little too done.
- Serve topped with freshly whipped cream.