If you want a festive coffee beverage without any sugar added, it’s time to take the reindeer by the horns and make it yourself. Here’s a recipe for a decadent yet low carb version of my favorite Christmas coffee drink.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Peppermint Mocha Latte
- 1/4 cup half and half or the dairy/non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (check the label for no sugar)
- 1 drop edible peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- 6-8 ounces brewed coffee (I use Pure Coffee Club Double French blend)
- In a small saucepan, heat half and half to medium heat, being careful not to scald. Whisk in cocoa powder and peppermint oil. Remove from heat. In a vitamix or similar blender, whip together coffee and half and half mixture until frothy. Pour and serve, garnishing with a few extra sprinkles of cocoa powder.