Ever since the good folks at Cyrex Labs let me know that I am cross-reacting with eggs, dairy, and sesame (meaning it flares up my auto-immune response and causes inflammation much like that bastard gluten does), I have been sorting through all the areas where dairy has been my food crutch. I relied on dairy like a 70’s mom relied on the Tee Vee to be her babysitter…I knew I shouldn’t have let it go for so long, but it was just too damn easy not to.
I have been able to comb through and pick out all the dairy, egg, and sesame nits from my diet, but how was I supposed to cut out butter? Dammit! My beloved Kerrygold grass-fed butter? I guess I’ll have to get my conjugated linoleic acid elsewhere. Double dammit!!
But Uncle Cyrex said absolutely no dairy for me (I tested the worst on Milk Butyrophilin, but also quite badly on Casein, Casomorphin, Whey Protein, and Cow’s Milk, ), so I gotta respect that and give it a rest for awhile. Or else my intestines will permanently feel like the killing fields.
If you are like me and have to cut the dairy out to stop the inflammation madness, I think you’ll really dig this recipe. And you won’t be angry about missing the butter. Cause you won’t miss it.
If you really wanna know, the specific lab I did was the Cyrex Labs Array 4 Panel: Gluten-Associated Cross-Reactive Foods and Foods Sensitivity. Work with your practitioner if you think there may be a problem.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Dairy Free Bulletproof Coffee
- 6-8 ounces of brewed coffee, or 2 large espresso shots
- 1 heaping tablespoon full fat coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
- 1 heaping tablespoon bovine collagen (optional)
- Blend all ingredients on medium speed in a Vitamix or other similar blender for 10-15 seconds until frothy.
To make a Dairy Free Mocha, use the above ingredients, PLUS:
- 1 tablepoon raw cacao powder aka (cocoa powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla powder
- Blend blend blend until frothy in your trusty Vitamix.