OK Kids, here’s another VERY useful purpose for your new jar of Eat Happy Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara that I know is burning a hole in your pocket: A Bacon Bloody Mary!
It’s got savory, it’s got vodka, it’s got savory…what’s not to love? This recipe can be made non-alcoholic–just add more soda water to cut the tomato sauce. Get your hands on Eat Happy Marinara here.
Sunday Football just got a little saucier.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
The Bacon Bloody Marinara
- Bacon grease at room temperature
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Eat Happy Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara depending on your desired tomato level
- 1 tablespoon pickle brine from any jar you have in your fridge
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce or more if you like spicy
- 1/4 cup plain soda water as needed to taste (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pimento stuffed olives for garnish
- Dill pickle spear for garnish
- Celery stalk for garnish
- Crisply cooked bacon pieces for garnish
- Roll rim of a highball glass in room temp bacon grease then roll in a thin later of salt to salt the rim of the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake vodka, marinara, pickle brine, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, smoked paprika, hot sauce, and a few twists of freshly ground pepper until ice cold, about 30 seconds. Pour into a highball glass and float soda water as desired, to taste. Garnish with an extra twist of fresh ground pepper, olives, pickle, celery stalk, and of course, BACON. Enjoy!