You don’t need sugar in a pumpkin spice latte. But if you try to find a pumpkin spice latte without sugar anywhere outside of your own kitchen, you’re gonna be out of luck, friends. Make it at home. It’s so easy, and your house will smell like autumnal goodness, which is the best way to start your day.
Side note: Some folks in the low carb community like to use artificial sweeteners or stevia in their pumpkin spice lattes. Far be it from me to stop you from doing this, but I really don’t think you need it. Once you give up sugar, this pumpkin spice latte recipe will be too satisfying for all that processed artificial sweetener nonsense.
Side side note: Please choose whatever form of milk or dairy you prefer. For dairy free substitutes, I recommend full fat coconut milk, coconut cream in the can, or almond milk.
Side side side note: This recipe calls for whole spices. If you have the ground version, you are welcome to use that. However, the next time you are at the store, pick up whole spices–they’re great to have on hand for the holidays to use as mulling spices to make your house fragrant and festive AF.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- 1/2-3/4 cup half and half, or dairy free milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 12-16 ounces brewed coffee
- In a small sauce pan on medium high heat, heat half and half, vanilla, cinnamon stick, ground cinnamon, allspice, and cloves until half and half begins to boil, stirring with a wooden spoon to keep from scalding. Remove from heat and strain into a Vitamix or strong blender, discarding whole spices and cinnamon stick (or save for another round of lattes). Add coconut oil and coffee to blender and blend on high until creamy and frothy. Serve and drink immediately.
love your recipes!
I love this latte especially at this time of year! Today I was out of coconut oil so instead I added a heaping teaspoon of organic pumpkin purée. It was delicious. Cheers to all you fellow pumpkin lovers out there 🎃!
oh Marrrrrry!! The pumpkin puree idea is GENIUS!! Thank you for chiming in to say this!!