Recipes are fluid…always evolving, always improving. In my case, I’m always improvising based on what I have available in the kitchen. I love it when you guys find a new way–a better way–to make my recipes, and then tweet me a picture. It means that we’re having a conversation, and there’s nothing that food does better than invoke wonderful conversation.
I have tinkered with this crust to get it where I want it–just a tad more chewy and moist, with some added dried herbs for some solid Italian flavor components. Hope y’all enjoy. Be sure to tweet me a pic when you change it up and make it your own.
Side note: this pizza crust can be repurposed into sandwich rounds, taco shells, bagel-flavored rounds (as found in Eat Happy Too), and biscuits. Or whatever your genius mind can come up with–let me know what you made!
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
The Ultimate Low Carb Pizza Crust
- For crust:
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella (fresh is bestest, pressed dry with a paper towel)
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- For topping:
- Eat Happy Kitchen Marinara
- Your choice of meat, veg, cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Add egg, almond meal, oregano, and basil and blend well into a dough ball. Press into a circle or square shaped pizza on a parchment lined baking sheet sprayed with a thin coating of olive oil or coconut oil. Sprinkle garlic salt over surface of pizza crust. Pierce surface with fork to prevent rising of the crust while baking.
- Bake crust in oven for 8-10 mins. Pierce more holes with fork if bubbles form. Flip pizza crust over. Bake another 2-4 minutes. Do not over bake as it will dry out!
- Add your pizza sauce and toppings, pop back in oven for 4-5 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.