My Fitness Confidential Monday Show co-host Vinnie Tortorich invented a chili recipe! I’m so proud of him. People tell us they don’t always know what to cook when they decide to be NSNG® (No Sugars No Grains). This recipe is an uncomplicated chili recipe that you can make as an easy weeknight meal to get dinner on the table quickly.
You will love this chili recipe, and it’s even easier to make when you add a jar of marinara from Eat Happy Kitchen. The sauce flavors are interchangeable.
Moreover, this meaty dish is a simple NSNG, keto, low carb stew or chili using three kinds of protein and a jar of Eat Happy Marinara. I typed it up, made it, tweaked it, and I’m posting it here for you guys to make. His recipe title is a little wordy for me (and you know I love a wordy title), but since this dish resembles an easy chili recipe, I’ve rebranded it Bachelor’s Chili. So now it has an even longer name. Like the kid who’s given both his parents surnames.
What I love about this dish is that you don’t need any special equipment, and it takes a very short time to make it. It yields a ton of servings, and is easily increased for volume. It’s filling, meaty, and savory. PLUS it uses the very well seasoned and flavorful Eat Happy Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara, so you know I’m partial. Well done, Vin.
Some Notes For This Recipe:
- Vinnie recommends a hard boiled egg. I used a soft boiled egg (only boils 5-6 mins). You can also make little pockets in the meat mixture and poach eggs (make sure to cover the pan during the poaching so steam builds up and cooks the egg).
- If you add more meat (like an additional pound of ground beef), you should add one more jar of marinara.
- You are more than welcome to sauté onions, peppers, garlic, or other veggies if you want to add some vegetation to this dish.
- You can use any type of sausage you like: Italian, Andouille, Kielbasa, Bratwurst, etc. If you buy pre-cooked, you will save a step. If you buy uncooked sausage, please cook the whole sausage link, then slice it.
- I do not strain off the fat from the meat as it adds to the heartiness of the stew. But if you want to strain the meat, by all means do so. It’s a matter of personal preference.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
Vinnie's Protein on Protein on Protein Crime AKA Bachelor’s Chili
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef or bison
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound pre-cooked sausage links sliced
- 1 jar Eat Happy Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara heated
- In a pot of boiling water, use a ladle to gently place eggs into water, one at a time. Let boil for 6-7 minutes for a soft boiled egg. Transfer eggs one at a time to a bowl full of ice water to cool while prepping remainder of dish.
- In a large, flat-bottomed sauté pan set to medium high heat, brown ground beef until cooked through, smashing the ground beef into smaller bite sized pieces. If you want to drain off excess grease, now is the time to do that, but you can leave it in if you prefer. Season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat another large sauté pan to medium high heat, sear the flat slices of sausage to get them slightly browned. Transfer sausage slices into ground beef pan.
- Pour entire jar of marinara onto meat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover pan, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel eggs and slice them gently. Scoop warm beef mixture into bowls and garnish with boiled egg slices. Season with a few twists of pepper and serve.