Don’t you just want to eat something so deliciously powerful, it can cure a hangover but also be good for you? How about a Jalapeño Popper. They have a spicy kick, rich, gooey cheese, and none of the bar food high-carb trappings of the poppers you get at your local pub. These little cuties are not deep fried in gluteny batter, but instead are topped with a coating of seasoned almond meal and baked in the oven. You won’t miss the batter.
Want more Eat Happy inspiration? Make sure you sign up for the 31 Days of Meals plan and free recipe sampler here!
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half, deseeded and deveined
- 2 slices bacon, cooked, cooled and broken into pieces
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay jalapeño halves on a foil lined baking sheet. In a mixing bowl, fold in bacon pieces, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic salt. Spoon into jalepeño halves until distributed evenly.
- In smaller mixing bowl, whisk together topping ingredients--almond flour, ground cayenne, salt, and garlic salt. Sprinkle evenly on top of cheese filled jalapeño halves. Carefully place baking sheet of filled jalepenos into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, then turn up oven heat to 400 degrees, cook for 20 more minutes, or until jalapeños look soft and the tops are a golden brown.